Today I’m going to post the first receipt. As we eat an Indian Dhal last evening and it was so delicious I decided to share it with you today.
Indian Dhal (serves for two)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 – 2 green chilies
- 1,5 cm of ginger
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Oil for frying
- Optional: Cheyenne pepper and curry powder
- Put the red lentils and 2 cups of water in a pan and cook them for more or less 20 minutes until their done.
- Meanwhile cut the onion, the garlic cloves, the chilies and the ginger into little pieces and slice the tomatoes as well.
- Head some oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Than add the garlic, the chilies, the ginger and all other spieces and fry for another 2 minutes. After this put in the tomatoes and fry for 2 more minutes. Be careful that everything gets mixed well.
- When the lentils are done add them into the frying pan and simmer it for further 5-10 minutes.
- At the end add salt and pepper. If you like it you can also add some chayenne pepper and curry powder.
- And then enjoy your meal.
Follow us on Instagram for daily travel updates:
If you want to know how we bought our first own van in Australia, make sure to read our blogpost: